dec: 401 hex: 191 bin: 110010001
The firework rocket is one of the few items in the game that cannot be taken directly out of a creative inventory.
When crafted this way (without a firework star), the rocket will have no explosion effects. It will have no effect in singleplayer.
Adding more gunpowder increases the duration of the rocket. Up to three gunpowder can be used. Furthermore, multiple firework stars can also be used, in which case all will go off simultaneously when the rocket detonates.
To launch a firework rocket, use its item on a block. They can also be launched from dispensers.
Once launched, fireworks will fly out vertically, with random horizontal offset, and, after some time, explode into a colorful explosion. Explosion is only visual and has no effect on entities or blocks. Weather, being on fire or in liquids doesn't affect the rocket.
When the item is hovered over in the inventory it displays the flight duration (e.g. "Flight Duration: 1").
Rough distance (in blocks) that the rocket travels depending on the flight duration:
|November 24, 2012||Jeb stated that there may be fireworks in Minecraft at the Future Updates with the Minecraft PC Team at MineCon 2012.|
|December 5, 2012||Jeb released the first image of fireworks, along with the information that colors, fade, height, effects and shapes will be craftable.|
|1.4.6||12w49a||Added firework rockets.|
|12w50a||Added sound and more effects to firework rockets.|
|TU19||Added firework rockets.|
Issues relating to "Firework Rocket" are maintained on the issue tracker. Report issues there.
- Shooting a rocket into a cobweb causes it to slow down as expected, and the explosion particles are slowed down too, creating a colorful ball inside the web.
- Similar to the slowdown of cobwebs, it is possible to boost rockets with pistons and slime-blocks.
- If a rocket is launched next to a ladder, the "climbing ladder" sound will play as it goes up as if a player or mob were climbing the ladder.
- Launching a rocket by hand on a wooden pressure plate will activate it. The same doesn't hold for stone plates or when using dispensers.
- There are 20,846,397,359,932,200 unique rocket combinations.
Jeb's first image of Fireworks, also showing that they can be shot from dispensers.