dec: 385 hex: 181 bin: 110000001
Obtaining[edit | edit source]
Crafting[edit | edit source]
|Blaze Powder +
Usage[edit | edit source]
When used, it instantly lights a fire, similar to flint and steel. The fire charge is consumed in the process. It can also prime TNT like flint and steel. However, it cannot be used to detonate creepers.
When a fire charge is fired from a dispenser, it acts like a blaze fireball, flying in a straight line (with random aim). When it hits a block, it will place fire. It produces no explosive effect. If it hits a player, it deals a total of 9 () damage (5 () hit damage, and 4 () from burning).
Crafting ingredient[edit | edit source]
|Firework Star||Gunpowder +
Matching Dye +
Fire Charge +
Glowstone Dust +
|Up to eight dyes can be added.
Up to one of any head, a gold nugget, a feather, or a fire charge can be added.
Both the diamond and the glowstone dust can be added with any of the other ingredients.
Data values[edit | edit source]
- See also: Chunk format
Shot fire charges have entity data which define various properties of the entity. Their entity ID is
SmallFireball, which is same entity as Blaze fireballs.
- Tags common to all entities see Template:Nbt inherit/entity/template
direction: List of 3 doubles. Should be identical to Motion.
life: Increments each tick when the projectile is not moving; resets to 0 if it moves. Has no effect, though is still saved/read
power: List of 3 doubles that acts like
directionbut without resistance
Video[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
|1.2.1||12w04a||Added fire charge, could only be crafted with coal.|
|12w05a||Could now be crafted with charcoal.|
|1.4.2||12w38b||Changed sound when using the fire charge, now same as when using flint and steel.|
|1.4.6||12w49a||Fire charges can be used to craft fireworks.|
|1.8||14w31a||Changed sound when using fire charges to set fire, now the same as when fired from dispensers.|
|1.9||15w33c||Appear purple and explode with dragons breath when fired from dispensers.|
|15w44b||Once again appear as blaze fireballs when fired from dispensers.|
|1.11||16w32a||Changed entity ID from
|Pocket Edition Alpha|
|0.15.0||build 1||Added fire charges.|
|TU9||CU1||1.0||Patch 1||Added fire charges.|
|TU31||CU19||1.22||Patch 3||Fire charges now makes sounds when igniting blocks.|
Issues[edit | edit source]
Issues relating to “Fire Charge” are maintained on the issue tracker. Report issues there.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
Fireballentity, AKA Ghast fireballs, have the same texture as the
- Their hit damage is actually fire damage, as seen by the fact that they will not deal damage to you if you have fire resistance.
- When a dispenser with a fire charge is placed with a block directly in front of it, the dispenser shoots through it and lights a fire on the other side.
- A fire charge will fly infinitely far until it hits a block or an entity, even if it is outside the player's render distance.
- When shot from a dispenser, the fire charge starts out stationary and accelerates, as though it is falling rather than being launched. Fireballs shot by blazes, however, maintain the same speed all the way up to the target.