From Minecraft Wiki
(Redirected from Farming)
Farming refers to the systematic production of Renewable resource. It is usually used to get Blocks, Food, Experience and more things. Specific types of farming include:
- Using wheat, seeds, and carrots to breed animals, to be slaughtered for their products or used in Egg, Milk, or Wool Farming.
- Creating spawn rooms for hostile mobs, to be killed for their drops.
- Farming Villagers by creating houses, doors, or curing spawned Villager Zombies.
- Waiting at an active monster spawner for monsters to spawn. This includes mobs that do not spawn naturally without the use of spawners, notably Cave Spiders.
- Covering the dimension of The End in half-slabs except a small area to allow Endermen to spawn. It is recommended that you defeat the Enderdragon first, making the task permanent and allowing you a way out. Surround the area that endermen will spawn in end stone except a 1 block area at the feet so they can be killed. It goes best with an enchanting room with 15 bookcases for level 30 enchantments.
- Farming wheat, carrots, and potatoes, the three staple food crops. (Combined version of their original pages.)
Pumpkin and Melon Farming
- Farming pumpkins and melons.
- Farming cacti for cactus green dye or traps.
- Creating a stone or cobblestone generator for self-repairing shelters or harvesting.
- Creating an Obsidian generator for Obsidian intensive builds.
- Farming ice using a self-refilling rink.
- Farming pumpkins for use in pumpkin pie, Jack 'o' Lanterns or Golems.
- Farming vines for use instead of ladders, for decoration or to be used to craft mossy stone brick or moss stone.
- Farming Trees for wood, saplings, apples, or charcoal.
- Farming iron ingots by killing the Iron Golems spawned in large Villages.
- Farming gold nuggets by killing the Zombie Pigmen which spawn in The Nether or near Nether Portals in The Overworld.
Chicken Egg Farming
- Farming eggs for use in cake, pumpkin pie or creating chickens.
Cocoa Bean Farming
- Farming cocoa beans for use in cookies or creating brown wool.
- Farming mushrooms for use in mushroom stew or creating huge mushrooms.
Nether Wart Farming
- Farming Nether Wart for use in Brewing.
- Trapping a Snow Golem and digging the snow it produces.
Sugar Cane Farming
- Farming sugar cane for books and sugar, which is required for cake and pumpkin pie.