dec: 368 hex: 170 bin: 101110000
An ender pearl is an item which is used to teleport.
Obtaining[edit | edit source]
Endermen[edit | edit source]
Endermen may drop 0-1 ender pearl when killed.
Natural generation[edit | edit source]
Trading[edit | edit source]
Usage[edit | edit source]
To throw an ender pearl, press use, and the player character will teleport to its impact location, consuming the ender pearl, and dealing 5 () damage to the user. Wearing armor enchanted with Protection and/or Feather Falling reduces the damage taken from the ender pearl. With enough protection and enough pearls, one could travel a long distance very quickly. Ender pearls do not function in Creative mode, although as of 15w31a, ender pearls can be thrown in Creative.[upcoming]
Ender pearls can travel about 30 meters when thrown straight up and about 50 meters forward when thrown in a 45° angle.
Ender pearls which fall into the void do not trigger the player to teleport at all.
Spawning endermites[edit | edit source]
Ender pearls have a 5% chance to spawn endermites when used.
Crafting ingredient[edit | edit source]
Blaze Powder +
Data values[edit | edit source]
- See also: Chunk format
Thrown ender pearls have entity data which define various properties of the entity. Their entity ID is
shake: The "shake" when arrows hit a block.
ownerName: The name of the player this projectile was thrown by.
Video[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
|1.8||Added ender pearls along with endermen. Ender pearls have no use, but can stack up to 64.|
|1.0.0||Beta 1.9-pre1||Ender pearls are now less commonly found near bodies of water since endermen now teleport away when in contact with water. Before this version, endermen didn't attempt to teleport and were damaged/killed from water much more frequently, causing numerous ender pearls to occur around bodies of water.|
|Later, on a suggestion from isJesus, Notch implemented the teleporting feature for ender pearls.|
|Beta 1.9-pre2||Added teleporting feature to ender pearl.|
|Using an ender pearl to teleport resulted in being kicked from servers for "hacking". This is due to a check triggering that was supposed to prevent modified clients from moving too quickly.|
|Beta 1.9-pre3||Ender pearls are now used to craft eyes of ender.|
|1.8||14w03a||Villager clerics no longer buy ender pearls, as they did in 14w02a.|
|14w11b||Ender pearls have a 5% chance to spawn endermites when used.|
|1.9||15w31a||Ender pearls can be thrown in Creative mode.|
|15w34c||Ender pearls now have a cooldown after using.|
|15w41a||Ender pearls are now sold by villager clerics.|
|TU5||Added ender pearls.|
|TU7||Added teleporting feature to ender pearls.|
Issues[edit | edit source]
Issues relating to “Ender Pearl” are maintained on the issue tracker. Report issues there.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Ender pearls can be used to teleport/move through non-solid blocks by pressing against the blocks and using the ender pearl at the player's feet until the player goes through.
- It is possible to spawn a thrown ender pearl with the ID 14, but it does not teleport. This will only display the ender pearl sprite and disappear instantly.
- If the player throws an ender pearl and then dies before impact, the player does teleport after respawning.
- If the player throws an ender pearl in survival mode and changes to creative mode before the pearl lands, the player is still teleported.
- The player is teleported if they throw an ender pearl and enter the Nether before it lands. The pearl is not lost if an Ender Pearl is thrown into a nether portal and the player travels through the portal, the pearl will appear and land and teleport the player as if you had just thrown it.
- If multiple ender pearls are thrown in succession, the player can only be hurt once from fall damage within about a one second span.
- If a player dies from ender pearl teleportation, the death message will say: "<player> hit the ground too hard".
- Ender pearls have a small cone of fire; if you throw them straight up, they will not all follow the same path.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Ender pearls were formerly found in water, however endermen now teleport out to prevent damage.