dec: 121 hex: 79 bin: 01111001
End Stone is notable for having a blast resistance of 45, 1.5 times that of ordinary stone and the highest of any block that can be destroyed by explosions. It also cannot be picked up by Endermen and cannot be destroyed by the Ender Dragon, and unlike Obsidian, it is easy to mine. These properties make it useful for buildings, but it is very hard to obtain in Survival mode (requiring a successful trip to the End). As of 1.3 it is slightly easier to obtain by dropping one Ender Chest in the End and another in the overworld.
|1.9pre3||End Stone was introduced. It dropped cobblestone when mined with a pickaxe|
|End Stone could only be successfully mined with a Pickaxe, dropping Cobblestone like normal Stone.|
|1.9pre5||Prior to this version, End Stone mined with Silk Touch would have no name when moused over.|
|1.9pre6||Prior to this version, There was no way to leave the End with this block in Survival Single Player.|
|1.0||You can now leave the End with End Stone and obtain it without Silk Touch.|
- This block, along with Obsidian and Bedrock, cannot be destroyed by Ender Dragons.
- End Portal blocks appear to have their lower half made of End Stone.
- The texture for End Stone changed in 1.9 pre3 from a whiter texture to the current texture.
- End Stone has exactly the same texture as Cobblestone, with its colors inverted and overlayed with a pure yellow texture.
- End Stone is present on the Xbox 360 as of Title Update 6.