End Portal (block)
dec: 119 hex: 77 bin: 1110111
Obtaining[edit | edit source]
Usage[edit | edit source]
End portal blocks can be used to teleport into and out of the End. When a player or other entity in the Overworld or the End stands in an End portal block, it is instantly taken to the other dimension. If a single portal block is placed using commands, it can still be used to travel between dimensions.
All entities traveling to the End will appear on the obsidian platform, recreating it if necessary. Players traveling to the Overworld will appear at their individual spawn point, while other entities will appear at the world spawn point.
Properties[edit | edit source]
- End Portal blocks can be destroyed in Creative Mode, or by replacing them with water. This does not affect adjacent End Portal blocks.
- If a portal block is viewed from underneath, it will be invisible.
- End portals don't reduce fall damage.
- The End Portal is technically the only block without a conventional texture, or entity texture; it uses the same image as the background of The End, with an additional effect added on top.[Verify]
- If TNT is detonated on an end portal, no blocks in its blast radius will be destroyed.
- Ridden entities (and their riders) will pass through the portal without being teleported.
Data values[edit | edit source]
Block entity data
x: X coordinate of the block entity.
y: Y coordinate of the block entity.
z: Z coordinate of the block entity.
The block entity allows the game to render the block with its particular 3D look.
History[edit | edit source]
|1.0.0||Beta 1.9-pre3||The end portal is introduced, but is nonfunctional.|
|If obtained through
|The End portal can currently be broken using TNT.|
|Beta 1.9-pre4||The end portal is now functional.|
|The End Portal Frame now has a different texture and can no longer be broken at all.|
|1.4.2||12w36a||All entities will travel through portals. This may cause silverfish to fall into the portal to enter the End.|
|1.5||13w02a||The end portal block's texture in the inventory was changed to .|
|1.8||14w05a||End portal block's texture in the inventory was changed to .|
|14w25a||The starry black End portal block (ID 119) was removed from the
|TU9||Added the End portal and exit portal.|
Issues[edit | edit source]
Issues relating to "End Portal (block)" are maintained on the issue tracker. Report issues there.