The demo mode is a demo version of Minecraft for users who have not purchased the game yet and would like to try it out first, designed to replace the functionality of the outdated PC Gamer Minecraft demo.
The demo version functionally serves to allow players to try out the game before making the decision to buy Minecraft. It allows players to play on a single world for a 100 minute (5 in-game days) period, before the map is locked, and required to be reset.
While the demo version does not expire, it comes with certain restrictions, as its sole purpose is to allow new players to try out Minecraft.
The following restrictions apply when playing the game in demo mode:
- The demo map is preset and will allways generate with the same seed which is
- This means that the player Spawn, Seed, and Generated structures are always the same.
- Players are normally restricted to Survival mode.
- Multiplayer is inaccessible, although LAN is allowed.
- The game time is limited to five in-game days (1 hour and 40 minutes real time). After the time runs out, players can still navigate though the world, but not interact with it. Resetting the demo world also resets the demo timer.
|It has been suggested that the contents of this page be split into two or more separate articles. Discuss
The topics presented on this page may be diverse enough to warrant distinct pages.
Because the geography of the demo world never changes, users can post the locations of various landmarks. These can help act as a "guide" for new Minecrafters who are exploring the demo.
- There is an abandoned mineshaft at X: -307, Y: 27, Z: -1127.
- There is a village at X:-955, Y:69, Z:-1200
- There is a stronghold at X:-33, Y:39, Z:-981
- There is a Nether Fortress Chest at X:-148, Y:68, Z:-21
- Abandoned mineshafts
- -307, 27, -1127
- -906, 50, -69
- Abandoned mineshaft treasure carts *(dig straight down from coordinates):
- -1190 63 -1428 = melon seeds
- -1590 65 -1331 = diamond
- -1755 73 -1019 = melon seeds
- -220 55 -200
- -883, 39, -46 = iron lingot, redstone, bread
- -970, 38, -22 = pumpkin seeds
- 8 27 -32
- 47 43 63
- -110 37 -153
- -138 29 -86
- -181 31 -89
- -209 25 -226
- -175 35 -50
- Desert Pyramids *(be careful in treasure room under floor not to set off the TNT booby-trap!):
- -2470 65 -1000
- 1339 74 -485
- 58, 65, 779
- -943 65 -1221 = medium plains village
- -2902 71 -919 = large desert village
- 49 68 822 = desert village
- 356 65 1117 = desert village w/ blacksmith house
- Witch Hut:
- -701 66 -379
- In 1.7.4:
- -463 67 -490 (mushroom in flower pot!)
- -4987 69 3589
- -698 64 -373
- -430 7 -250
|1.3.1||12w16a||Demo mode added. During the snapshot releases, minecraft.jar must be launched directly with
|1.3.2||Users can play the demo mode in the browser.|
|1.6.2||The latest launcher version (1.3.4) allows players who have not yet bought Minecraft to play the game's demo.|
- If you start a LAN world, you can turn cheats on and use /gamemode 1 or 2 to use Creative Mode and Adventure Mode.
- If you are in LAN and close the game without saving while you're in creative mode you will be in creative when you load it again while not in LAN, but you cant use the cheat commands this way though. NOTE you cannot switch back to survival once this is done unless you go back into LAN or reset the demo.
- The demo mode can be played by both paid players and players which are trying out the game.
- It is possible to install modifications on the demo version.
- Servers can be started with the --demo flag (This is technically what the launcher does). Everyone who joins the server will see the demo message.
- If you try to play a demo version prior to 1.3 from the launcher using a non-premium account, you'll be able to play the full version.
The contents of the bonus chest.