|Date of birth||
May 9, 1986 (age 29)
Producing the music and sound in Minecraft, making Minecraft's official soundtrack
|Minecraft Wiki name|
Daniel Rosenfeld, also known as C418, is credited as the producer of the music in Minecraft. He produced the world music, the ambience music and the songs for all 12 music discs. He also produced the various sound effects for the game, such as footsteps, and released the game's official soundtrack, Minecraft - Volume Alpha, which includes all the music present in the game made by him up to the soundtrack's release, plus some bonus tracks. He has also released a second soundtrack album, titled Minecraft - Volume Beta, which includes more music and the remaining music disc tracks, as well as some music for various Minecraft productions.
Daniel Rosenfeld was born on May 9, 1986 in the East Germany. At age 5 he wanted to be a stunt car driver. His brother introduced him to creating music with a computer and since then had an interest in music.
Rosenfeld currently lives with his cat.
Music included in Minecraft
Official Minecraft soundtracks
- As of November 15, 2013, 29 tracks have been added to Minecraft.
- Many sounds that C418 has used can be found at freesound.org (for example the walking sounds can be found here.)
- His Minecraft skin is the default skin, but the head is replaced with the texture for a jukebox.
- C418 revealed in an AMA on Reddit that the ghast sounds are taken from his pet cat when he is disturbed while sleeping. He was also going to have his cat voice ocelots, but since his cat never meows clearly, C418 decided to use cat sounds from Freesound instead.
- "Credits". Minecraft.net. Retrieved 2010-12-30.
|4J Studios sites|
|Telltale Games sites|