dec: 3516 hex: 15F6 bin: 1010111116
Cyan dye is a secondary dye color.
Obtaining[edit | edit source]
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Usage[edit | edit source]
Like all other dyes, cyan dye can be:
- Applied to sheep to dye their wool, which can then be sheared for 1–3 blocks of cyan wool.
- Applied to tamed wolves to dye their collars.
- Combined with gunpowder to make a firework star.
- Combined with a firework star to create a “fade to color” effect.
- Used to dye leather armor.
- Used to dye wool, or stain glass or hardened clay.
- Used to add patterns to banners.
Crafting ingredient[edit | edit source]
|Up to eight dyes can be added.
Up to one of any head, a gold nugget, a feather, or a fire charge can be added.
Both the diamond and the glowstone dust can be added with any of the other ingredients.
White Wool +
Any Shulker Box +
Hardened Clay +
Cyan Banner pattern
Cyan Dye +
Cyan Banner image
Data values[edit | edit source]
Cyan dye has the ID name
minecraft:dye, with a data value of 6.
|7||Light Gray Dye|
|12||Light Blue Dye|
Video[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
|1.2||Added cyan dye.|
|1.4.2||12w34a||Added the ability to dye leather armor and wolf collars.|
|1.4.6||12w49a||Cyan dye can be crafted with gunpowder to create a firework star.|
|1.6.1||13w19a||Stained clay can now be crafted.|
|1.7.2||13w36a||With the addition of new flowers, many secondary and tertiary dyes are now primary dyes.|
|13w41a||Stained glass can now be crafted.|
|1.8||14w02a||Due to lapis lazuli being renewable now, cyan dye is renewable.|
|14w30a||Added banners which can be dyed.|
|Pocket Edition Alpha|
|0.4.0||Added cyan dye.|
Issues[edit | edit source]
Issues relating to “Cyan Dye” are maintained on the issue tracker. Report issues there.