dec: 320 hex: 140 bin: 101000000
Burning pigs provides a slightly easier method to obtain cooked porkchops without the need to monitor a furnace. The player can burn a pig by making it walk into lava, right-clicking the block under a pig with a bucket of lava, or by lighting the squares around it on fire with a flint and steel. As of 1.0 you can also obtain cooked porkchops by killing a pig with a sword or bow with the Fire Aspect/Flame enchantment.
Cooked porkchops are stackable, along with raw porkchops and many other food items, making it possible to cook the full 8 porkchops per coal or charcoal. Cooked porkchop heals 4 hunger units and 12.8 food saturation.
- Given a decent stock of raw porkchops, cooked porkchops can be made in a furnace in a matter of seconds.
- They can easily be obtained when a pig dies from fire. This is best accomplished with a sword or bow enchanted with Fire Aspect/Flame.
- Cooked porkchops have a higher effective quality (a composite of hunger restoration and saturation restoration) than all other foods, save for steak, which has an equal effective quality.
- Like raw porkchops, the availability of cooked porkchops depends on the presence of pigs within reach. Pigs are found somewhat randomly, and may take significant time and travel to find, depending on the biome that the player spawns in. It is best to breed pigs once at least two of them are found, so there will be a steady, renewable supply of pigs.
- Breeding pigs requires carrots, which can be very difficult to obtain if there are no villages with carrot patches nearby, as they only very rarely drop from zombies.
|February 19, 2010||Added cooked porkchop.|
|1.5||A pig drops cooked porkchops when killed with fire.|
|1.8||The texture of cooked porkchops has also been changed to a lighter color that looks more like real-life porkchops, and the old texture was used for steak. Before, Cooked Porkchops used the texture of the old Steak: , but was changed to a lighter one:|
|Cooked porkchops now are stackable and restore hunger instead of health.|
|Cooked porkchops are no longer dropped by zombie pigmen upon their death, but instead they drop rotten flesh.|
|1.4.2||12w37a||Texture changed from to (The item sprite no longer has a dark outline).|
|TU1||Added cooked porkchop.|
|TU3||Cooked porkchops use the Beta 1.8 texture.|
|TU5||Cooked porkchops are now stackable to 64 and fills hunger instead of health.|
|TU12||Texture changed from to (The item sprite no longer has a dark outline).|