dec: 350 hex: 15E bin: 101011110
Cooked fish is obtained when raw fish is cooked in a furnace or traded for with Raw Fish and emeralds with a Farmer villager. Cooked fish cannot be used to heal a tamed wolf nor can it be used to tame ocelots. Cooked fish restores 2.5 times as much as raw fish.
Cooked fish is one of the trades Farmer villagers might offer.
|Icon||Achievement||In-game description||Prerequisites||Actual requirements (if different)||Version restriction||Xbox points earned||Trophy type (PS)|
|Delicious Fish||Catch and cook a fish!||Hot Topic||Pick up a Cooked Fish from a Furnace output.||None||15G||Silver|
- Fish can be found in any size body of water.
- Cooked fish restore a fairly good amount of hunger and saturation.
- Once a fishing rod can be obtained, a steady supply of fish can be caught.
- Cooked fish restores equal amounts of hunger and saturation as bread, which is easier to farm early on.
- Fish is an unreliable food source, as there is not a guaranteed chance to catch it.
Cooked Fish can be eaten for 5 () hunger points. As fishing can be done in any size body of water, this makes cooked fish a good food source if the necessary resources can be obtained. However, food sources such as cooked chicken and bread are often more easily obtainable and restore a similar amount of hunger.
 Data Values
|1.2.0||Added cooked fish|
|1.5||Added "Delicious Fish" achievement for catching then cooking the fish.|
|1.8||Cooked fish is now stackable to 64 and fills hunger instead of health.|
|1.8||14w04a||Corrected name from
|TU1||Added cooked fish.|
|TU5||Cooked fish is now stackable to 64 and fills hunger instead of health.|
- In the Halloween Update, Notch said he would add fish as a sea creature; however, he had limited time, and was thus only able to add them as an item.