Console Edition tutorial/Locations
|This article is a stub.
Please help us by expanding it.
In the tutorial world of the Console Edition there are 12 hidden chests with music discs in them, which are moved in every update that changes the tutorial world. There are also some secrets to find as well as hidden dungeons and minshafts to explore.
TU47[edit | edit source]
- "13" - Enter the main tutorial and look to your right. The chest also contains a jukebox and 6 steaks.
- "where are we now" - Near the tutorial is a tower with a red flag on it. Go on the tower and there it is.
- "11" - One of the ruined towers has netherrack on the bottom of it. Enter it, and it will look like you're in the Nether. Go under the bridge and in the house of nether wart. Look to your left.
- "blocks" - In the jungle biome, go on top of the very big tree the chest should be in there.
- "stal" - In the blue house which looks like a lab, the chest is in the middle of the floor.
- "ward" - Find the tower that is tall enough to let you glide on top of the Shulker. Then glide to the Shulker and there is a chest.
- "mall" - In the mushroom biome, there are houses. In one of them is the chest.
- "mellohi" - In the desert, go in the temple and go on the top. In an area, there is somewhere where you can reach the chest. Next to the chest are some other chests with valuables.
- "strad" - Somewhere in the podzol, there is a passageway to a water temple. Go in it and find the pool. In the center of it is the chest.
- "cat" - In the village of mossy cobblestone, in the big house, look left and there it is.
- "chirp" - Besides the statue of the villager, there is a grass path leading to a campfire. Next to it is the chest.
- "far" - In the center of one of the ruined castles is a chest.
Secrets, Dungeons, Abandoned mineshaft, Portals, and Ocean Monument
- In beacon tutorial, there are dirt under 9 highest diamond blocks, that it makes the bottom diamond blocks uninpotant. If you have iron pickaxe (Crafted from iron from beacon tutorial), you can break them.
- Zombie spawner at X:135 Y:53 Z:-7 deeper in the spider statue cave at X:97 Y:62 Z:-41.
- Nether portal at X: -236, Y:94, Z:203
TU31[edit | edit source]
* Instructions assuming you head to the coordinates first.
All music disc locations:
- "where are we now" - (X:41, Y:68, Z:47) - After completing the basic miner's hut tutorial, go through the arch. It's in front of the fountain.
- "stal" - (X:57, Y:86, Z:-32) - Climb the tree with ladders to the east, then go from the roof to the clocktower, the chest is inside it.
- "13" - (X:26, Y:113, Z:15) - It's in the "A" that's facing towards the town in the "Minecraft" sign.
- "mall" - (X:163, Y:38, Z:95) - Head south from the mesa biome, it's in a secret way in the middle of the swirl hole thing.
- "mellohi" - (X:326, Y:80, Z:180) - In the big quartz, stone brick and hardened clay house, go through the front door, go up the dark oak staircase until the 4th story, turn left, go in the yelow wall door. The record is under the trapdoor in the bath tub.
- "cat" - (X:194, Y:98, Z:208) - In the sandstone buiding, go up a staircase, head to the coordinates, climb the tiny sandstone wall, jump down to the arch and turn around.
- "11" - (X:-5, Y:66, Z:245) - Go to the middle of the hedge maze.
- "ward" - (X:-69, Y:78, Z:-78) - In the sandstone church, go to the side opposite to the entrance, climb the ladder in the middle pillar and jump through the stairs, the chest is behind some cobblestone walls.
- "far" - (X:-172, Y:123, Z:141) - Climb up the tree with the parkour in the mega taiga.
- "blocks" - (X:-355, Y:105, Z:-170) - Climb the mountain to get to a castle, when you are at the first arch, go ahead to the entrance, go right diagonally until you hit the corner, turn left, turn left again at the second entrance. TUrn left before the first building and enter the double diagonal door. Go down at the piston door and the chest is to the right.
- "strad" - (X:254, Y:82, Z:-237) - Go in the red sandstone castle through the jungle wood bridge, climb to the highest point of the staircase staircase to the left, turn around and look up.
- "chirp" - (X:345, Y:82, Z:-369) - It's in a cave in the island next to the mesa. The cave is in the middle of a flat area to the west.
Secrets, Dungeons, Nether Portal, End Portal and Abandoned Mineshaft locations:
- Hidden chest with a diamond sword and fortune III enchanted book: in the quartz enchanting buiding, climb the bookshelves. The chest is in a corner. (X:22, Y:72, Z:-33)
- 26 Hidden diamond blocks: At the front of the sandstone mansion with the maze, mine the bottom blocks of the fence to find these. (X:-19 to 10, Y:70, Z:329
- Hidden chest with empty map, compass and clock: Climb up the lighthouse to the top and go down the short ladder to find another platform and this chest. (X: -388, Y:91, Z:-60)
- Zombie spawner - No chests: (X:-39, Y:27, Z:17)
- End Portal: (X:13, Y:29, Z:27)
- Nether Portal: (X:-266, Y:71, Z:-367)
- Abandoned mineshaft chest - containing iron horse armor: (X:394, Y:15, Z:279)
- Diamond ore cluster: (X:388, Y:15, Z:291)
- Cave spider spawner: (X:391, Y:15, Z:291)
- Sand temple: (X:263, Y:66, Z:-42)
- Dungeon - containing zombie spawner: (X:256, Y:51, Z:-49)
TU19[edit | edit source]
- "cat" - (X: 193, Y: 70, Z: -143) - After completing the basic miner's hut tutorial, go through the arch to find it in the chest just next to the fountain in the advanced tutorial field.
- "13" - (X: 145, Y: 64, Z: -61) - From the advanced tutorial field, cross the stone bridge to the castle island. Head left and around the tree to the shore, then look under the bridge at its base to find the Chest.
- "ward" - (X: 132, Y: 69, Z: -63) - From the island side of the bridge, head clockwise around the castle. Enter the doorway on your right and take the first right; the Chest will be at the far end of this route in an enclosed pond area.
- "11" - (X: 108, Y: 94, Z: -93) - On a balcony in the main keep of the castle. Enter it by climbing the hill and stairs in the central courtyard, then climb the staircase to the right of the fireplace. Turn the corner and enter the second room on the right, then exit onto the balcony to find the Chest.
- "stal" - (X: 130, Y: 60, Z: -182) - In a secret cavern hidden behind a waterfall, South of the docks in the tutorial zone that teach about boats and fishing.
- "where are we now" - (X: 185, Y: 67, Z: 187) - Due South of the bridge mentioned above is a desert Village; the Music Disc will be in a Chest inside the sandstone tower.
- "blocks" - (X: -50, Y: 70, Z: 16) - In the Village located West of the castle, in a Chest inside the Blacksmith building.
- "chirp" - (X: -282, Y: 76, Z: -99) - In a second castle located North-West of the Village where "blocks" is found. Enter the castle via a door on the South side and enter the main stair hall. Go through the doors found underneath the stairs and into the back garden, then take the door to the left to enter a room with the Music Disc in a small Chest.
- "strad" - (X: -269, Y: 92, Z: -140) - Found atop the second castle. Head to the opposite side of the castle from where "chirp" is found and look for the room with cyan carpet. Find the spiral staircase and head all the way to the top to find the Chest.
- "mellohi" - (X: -135, Y: 69, Z: 88) - From the Village where "blocks" was found, there will be a second village to the South-West through a valley. Look in the first building to the right to find it.
- "far" - (X: -203, Y: 83, Z: 330) - From the Village where "mellohi" was found, head South to find an island with buildings and a docked pirate ship. Head up to the very top of the ladder near the dock and inside, and in the room at the far end of the hall will be the Chest with this Music Disc in it.
- "mall" - (X: -194, Y: 116, Z: 339) - From the location of the "far" disc, take one of the stairs on either side of the room to find a ladder. Climb up them to enter a room with the Music Disc's chest to your left.
TU16[edit | edit source]
X:132 Y:70 Z: -63 (PS3)
2256 #1 @ 49, 82, -97
2257 #2 @ -255, 48, -35
2258 #3 @ 383, 63, -337
2267 #4 @ 210, 71, 93
2262 #5 @ -301, 69, 106
2263 #6 @ 285, 82, 103
2260 #7 @ 26, 61, 241
2261 #8 @ -164, 88, -273
2259 #9 @ -409, 74, 96
2264 #10 @ 0, 51, 344
2265 #11 @ -15, 63, -371
2266 #12 @ 367, 75, -57
TU12[edit | edit source]
- 13 - (X: 49, Y: 82, Z: -97) - At the top of the stairs leading out of the starting area. (middle of the map).
- cat - (X: -34, Y: 81, Z: -92) - In a cave under the starting town - pull a lever in one of the houses to reveal an entrance (middle of the map).
- mellohi - (X: -204, Y: 64, Z: -41) - In a cave filled with lava - pull the lever at the entrance to reveal stepping stones (west of the starting area).
- chirp - (X: -282, Y: 77, Z: 260) - In the top floor of the pyramid in the desert - find a lever, then a secret door in the maze inside (south-west of the starting area).
- blocks - (X: 0, Y: 55, Z: 152) - In a cave under a small building in a jungle lake (south of the starting area).
- strad - (X: 292, Y: 69, Z: 234) - In an igloo in the taiga (south-east of the starting area).
- 11 - (X: 368, Y: 76, Z: -57) - In a cave with cobwebs and a spider monster spawner (east of the starting area).
- where we are now - (X: 255, Y: 92 Z: -185) - At the top of a stone tower with redstone circuitry in it (east of the starting area).
- ward - (X: -14, Y: 64, Z: -371) - In the ruins in the swamp (north of the starting area).
- mall - (X: -163, Y: 89, Z: -273) - On the crow's nest on a wooden pirate ship (north-west of the starting area).
- far - (X: -401, Y: 78, Z: -231) - On a mushroom on a mushroom island - there's a ladder on the mushroom to climb to the top (west-north-west of starting area).
- stal - (X: 112, Y: 58, Z: 107) - In a Nether fortress in front of a blaze spawner (the Nether portal is in the giant Minecraft logo - middle of the map).
- The Easter Egg "Tower of Pimps" from Achievement Hunter's Let's Play Minecraft series, is located in the pyramid in the desert. (X:-282 Y:85 Z:262)
- There is a nether portal in the Minecraft Logo.
- On the Minecraft logo there is a plentiful supply of torches useful for lighting up a big area.
TU9[edit | edit source]
Music disc 1: On your way to the mansion there is a chest inside the abandoned mining shelter.
Music disc 2: Through the shelter is a garden with crossed walkways. Dig down in the middle of the cross of cobblestone to find a chest.
Music disc 3: After that, walk left into a desert biome and there will be a minecart. Jump into it and ride it to the other end. Then jump off and go inside the desert temple and you will find the chest.
Music disc 4: Climb up the ladders or vines on the side of the garden wall or the back of the castle. Turn left and get onto the roof of the castle. On the top of the glass dome will be a chest.
Music disc 5: Once you climb up the ladders turn right then jump of the wall to the left. Walk around the spawn point until you find a medieval tower in the distance. On the top of the tower is a chest.
Music disc 6: Inside the castle, walk into the first corridor to your right that has stairs in it. Pull the lever to your right to make a walkway across the lava and there is your chest.
Music disc 7: In the second room to the right will be a brewing tutorial. You will make a Potion of Fire Resistance using water bottles, then nether wart, and at last magma cream. This will create a few fire resistance potions. Drink it and walk through the lava in the room. Through the lava is a chest in a small room.
Music disc 8: Walk to the main hallway and travel upstairs. Flip the lever and you'll hear three musical notes play. That lever has revealed a secret room. The painting that you saw when you came up the stairs has the entrance to the secret room behind it. There is a nether portal in that room. Step in it. From your spawn point in the Nether, head directly forwards to the Nether Fortress. In there turn to your second right, down there is the chest.
Music disc 9: Walk straight forward in the swamp biome to find a house. A chest is beneath it. Walk inside the house and open a trap door. Travel down the ladder and there is the chest.
Music disc 10: From the swamp house, walk right and you will find a pond with structure submerged in it. It has a trap door surrounded by glass that leads to the chest.
Music disc 11: From the abandoned mining shelter walk in the Mansion courtyard and travel north through the farm(according to the map). Past the farm walk north/northwestward until you find a set of five pillars with a staircase leading downward. In the underground dwelling there is a chest containing a disk and an axe.
Music disc 12: Located at a small mushroom island to the east in a chest that contains the disc and a diamond pickaxe.
TU7[edit | edit source]
- Where Are We Now? and sand temple, there is a huge cavern system that connects.
TU5[edit | edit source]
- Chest in the entrance to the first village. Contents: Music Disc, Bow, and 20 Arrows.
- Chest is inside glass on the first village entrance. Contents: Music Disc and Stone Sword.
- Chest inside the well of the first village. Contents: Music Disc and Golden Armor.
- Chest under the A in the Minecraft sign. Contents: Music Disc and Diamond Armor.
- Down the well in the first village, there is a stone brick room containing a chest.
- In the tower in the 2nd village and the village with the flag there are a Music Disc in each.
- Bottom right, village with disk at the top of church
- In the village (step 7) there is a dock, take boat out and go straight ahead and you'll reach an island inside the cave to the right go up the steps and turn around there is a lever in the roof click it and reveal a hidden portal
- At coordinates X:177 Y:78 Z:-170 there is a large tree with a ladder on it. This ladder leads to a chest with a diamond axe and a music disc. (This ladder appears to be missing as of the last update)
- At coordinates X:40 Y:115 Z:-99 there is a chest with a Diamond Sword and a music disc in it. The chest is on top of the mountain on a thin piece of overhanging dirt.
- At the giant crater in the corner of the world there is a dungeon containing a saddle and bucket. X: 149 Y: 47 Z: -403
- In the castle behind the tutorial which engages into the cliff wall there is a corridor where you can hear the sound of the Nether. In the ceiling should be a lever to open a piston door to expose the Nether portal.
- The hill where the large fortress is built is joined to a second hill. Deep under this second hill is a massive stronghold connected to caverns that lead to the large canyon. It is possible to access it from the canyon, but requires quite a bit of work. The stronghold contains at least 3 chests. One in the upper chamber, and two deep below in the library. End Portal Frame X: -338 Y: 21 Z: 306
TU3[edit | edit source]
- There were many secret hidden structures, such as random "caves" with torches all around the walls and hidden villages. One such cave was located directly below the floor of the library in the castle; revealed by digging through two wooden planks. Digging through the wall revealed random redstone placement.
- Dungeons could be found in the world. Although the player must manually search for them, one of the dungeons had a gravel "x" in which if they dug down from the center they would fall into. Continuing to dig downwards would eventually reveal a small X tunnel with 8 exposed diamond ores.
- Like the original PC version of Minecraft, the Xbox 360 Tutorial Mode world has four layers of bedrock; however, other worlds generated in the Xbox 360 Edition only have two layers.
- In the biggest house of the first village, one of the floor blocks hid a ladder down into the ocean.
- Hidden in the Minecraft logo was a portal to the Nether.
- By the lighthouse, there was a dungeon.
- Beside the castle, underwater, there was a 2×2 hole with glowstone lighting the inside that lead downward to a large chest containing all possible diamond tools and armor.
- A village was always generated in the opposite way of the Tutorial village.