Xbox® 360: 113.21 MB
The Console Edition introduces new features such as a simpler crafting system, in-game tutorials, and split-screen multiplayer (excluding Vita), as well as online multiplayer for up to eight players over PlayStation Network, which requires a PlayStation Plus subscription (PS4 only) or Xbox LIVE (requires Xbox Live Gold subscription). As with all versions, updates are free of charge.
Gameplay[edit | edit source]
The objective of the game remains the same as its original computer and Pocket Edition counterparts, where players can build virtual realities in a sandbox-like environment. There is no preset goal; the player may choose to set their own goals.
For the most part, the Console Edition of the game is almost identical to the PC edition but with few apparent differences, but was released with Xbox 360 Edition in an earlier version equivalent to the PC version Beta 1.6.6, than the current PC version at the time of release, 1.2.5.
Differences from the PC edition[edit | edit source]
Differences from PC version 1.8 include:
- The game features splitscreen functionality, however an HDTV with a Component or HDMI cable is required for split-screen play. Split-screen functionality works with a VGA connection to a PC monitor as well as HDMI-to-DVI cables to a PC monitor. Up to 4 players can play in split screen*, as well as the possibility to play 8-person online multiplayer game modes in split-screen. "PlayStation Vita Edition" only supports Up To 2-4 Players Online and AD-HOC.
- The game includes an automatic crafting system where you do not have to place the blocks in the grid. However, there is an option to use the PC crafting.
- The Console Edition includes a tutorial mode not included in the PC version of the game. This tutorial leads the player through the basics of digging and placing blocks, crafting, as well as building their first house to survive the night, fishing, enchanting, brewing, and more.
- The world's difficulty can be changed while in game. It can be changed individually by going to player list and selecting your own player or for the whole server by going to host options.
- Most blocks/items use outdated sounds.
- The Player always begins a new world with a map.
- Each world is limited to 864×864 blocks. Because the outer-most block is unusable on each side of the map, it is effectively 862×862 blocks that can be used. The Xbox One Edition and PlayStation 4 Edition's worlds can be up to 2500×2500. It is expected, but unknown if the world size will be increased along with the updates that will bring the Console Edition up to date with the PC version. The PC uses virtual memory which allows to swap chunks in and out of memory, drastically increasing the size of the map. Since not all Xbox 360s and PS3s ship with hard drives, these two consoles support limited worlds only.
- The Nether is limited in size and because of this the movement distance in the Nether vs. the Overworld is 1:3 versus 1:8 in the PC version. Consequently the Nether is limited to about 288×288. The End also uses the aforementioned size.
- Skins can only be chosen from those available as default or from downloadable content.
- Breeding and utility mob spawning works the same as the PC version with the exception of limiting tamed wolf and snow golem populations to 16. If the player attempts to tame or breed a 17th wolf, it will be killed by other wolves, and if a player attempts to build a 17th snow golem, upon placing the pumpkin all three blocks will break, dropping one pumpkin and eight snowballs. Also, wolf pups are born with full health and reach adulthood without player input.
- The edge of the world cannot be mined and is completely sea. The edge of the map is a strip of water surrounding the map followed by an invisible barrier in which all players cannot gain access to. This can cause problems as sometimes chests in abandoned mine shafts generate at the edge of the map, causing the player to make and place a new chest next to said chest in order to access all the previously inaccessible items.
- When in creative mode, if you sprint and stop quickly, you will not drift another block.
- The ender dragon has a different fighting style and when at low health will hover above the ground spewing out acid.
- Two ender crystals in the End are protected by iron bars.
- When building a portal to the Nether in a superflat world, the Nether will also be flat.
- Nether wart randomly spawns on soul sand in the Nether, while in the PC version, nether wart can only spawn in nether fortresses.
- The edge of the Nether is made of bedrock.
- The PlayStation Vita Edition has AD-HOC like an Offline Multiplayer Service. It can be toggled on or off (Online or AD-HOC) also similar to LAN Servers but without internet connection.
Achievements, Trophies[edit | edit source]
|Icon||Achievement||In-game description||Prerequisites||Actual requirements (if different)||Version restriction||Xbox points earned||Trophy type (PS)|
|Taking Inventory||Press '[defaults to Y/△]' to open your inventory.||None||Open your inventory.
The description will match the configured inventory key.
|Getting Wood||Attack a tree until a block of wood pops out||Taking Inventory||Pick up Wood from the ground.||None||10G||Bronze|
|Benchmarking||Craft a workbench with four blocks of planks||Getting Wood||None||10G||Bronze|
|Time to Farm!||Use planks and sticks to make a hoe||Benchmarking||Pick up a Wooden Hoe from a Crafting Table.||None||10G||Bronze|
|Bake Bread||Turn wheat into bread||Time to Farm!||Pick up Bread from a Crafting Table.||None||20G||Silver|
|The Lie||Wheat, sugar, milk, and eggs!||Time to Farm!||Pick up a Cake from a Crafting Table.||None||40G||Silver|
|Time to Strike!||Use planks and sticks to make a sword||Benchmarking||Pick up a Wooden Sword from a Crafting Table.||None||10G||Bronze|
|Monster Hunter||Attack and destroy a monster||Time to Strike!||None||20G||Bronze|
|Cow Tipper||Harvest some leather||Time to Strike!||Pick up Leather from the ground.||None||15G||Bronze|
|When Pigs Fly||Fly a pig off a cliff||Cow Tipper||Use a saddle to ride a pig, then have the pig get hurt from fall damage while riding it.||None||40G||Gold|
|Time to Mine!||Use planks and sticks to make a pickaxe||Benchmarking||Pick up a Wooden Pickaxe from a Crafting Table.||None||10G||Bronze|
|Getting an Upgrade||Construct a better pickaxe||Time to Mine!||Pick up a Stone Pickaxe from a Crafting Table.||None||15G||Bronze|
|Hot Topic||Construct a furnace out of eight stone blocks||Time to Mine!||Pick up a Furnace from a Crafting Table.||None||15G||Bronze|
|Delicious Fish||Catch and cook fish!||Hot Topic||Remove a Cooked Fish from a Furnace.||None||15G||Silver|
|Acquire Hardware||Smelt an iron ingot||Hot Topic||Remove an Iron Ingot from a Furnace.||None||15G||Silver|
|On A Rail||Travel by minecart at least 500 m from where you started||Acquire Hardware||Travel by minecart to a point at least 500 m in a single direction from where you started.||None||40G||Gold|
|Into The Nether||Build a portal to the Nether||None||Enter a Nether Portal.||None||40G||Silver|
|MOAR Tools||Construct one type of each tool (one pickaxe, one spade, one axe and one hoe).||Benchmarking||None||15G||Bronze|
|Dispense With This||Construct a Dispenser.||None||None||20G||Silver|
|Leader Of The Pack||Befriend five Wolves.||None||This does not have to be in a single game, so multiple games or reloading old saves does count toward this achievement.||None||30G||Silver|
|Sniper Duel||Kill a skeleton or wither skeleton with an arrow from more than 50 meters.||Monster Hunter||"50 meters" is 50 blocks away.||Xbox One, Xbox 360 & PS4||30G||Silver|
|DIAMONDS!||Acquire diamonds with your iron tools.||Acquire Hardware||Pick up a Diamond from the ground.||Xbox One, Xbox 360 & PS4||20G||Gold|
|Return to Sender||Destroy a Ghast with a fireball.||Into The Nether||Kill a Ghast using a Ghast’s fireball.||Xbox One, Xbox 360 & PS4||30G||Gold|
|Into Fire||Relieve a Blaze of its rod||Into The Nether||Pick up a Blaze Rod from the ground.||Xbox One, Xbox 360 & PS4||20G||Silver|
|Local Brewery||Brew a potion.||Into Fire||Pick up a Potion from a Brewing Stand. An already-created potion placed and removed qualifies.||Xbox One, Xbox 360 & PS4||15G||Silver|
|The End?||Locate the End||Into Fire||Enter an End Portal.||Xbox One, Xbox 360 & PS4||20G||Gold|
|The End.||Defeat the Enderdragon.||The End?||Enter the End exit portal while being in the End.||Xbox One, Xbox 360 & PS4||40G||Gold|
|Enchanter||Use a book, obsidian and diamonds to construct an enchantment table.||DIAMONDS!||Pick up an Enchantment Table from a Crafting Table.||Xbox One, Xbox 360 & PS4||20G||Silver|
|Awarded All Trophies||All trophies have been rewarded||All Others||PS4||N/A||Platinum|
|Overkill||Deal nine hearts of damage in a single hit||Enchanter||Damage can be dealt to any mob, even those that do not have nine hearts of health overall.||Xbox One, Xbox 360 & PS4||30G||N/A|
|Librarian||Build some bookshelves to improve your enchantment table||Enchanter||Pick up a bookshelf from a crafting table output.||Xbox One, Xbox 360 & PS4||20G||N/A|
|Adventuring Time||Discover 17 of the 23 different biomes||The End?||Visit these 17 biomes.||Xbox One, Xbox 360 & PS4||40G||N/A|
|Repopulation||Breed two cows with wheat||Cow Tipper||Breed two cows or two mooshrooms.||Xbox One, Xbox 360 & PS4||15G||N/A|
|Diamonds to you!||Throw diamonds at another player.||DIAMONDS!||Drop a diamond with your drop-item key (default is ). Another player or a zombie must then pick up this diamond. If picked up by a player, the diamond must create a new stack in their inventory.||Xbox One, Xbox 360 & PS4||15G||N/A|
|Pork Chop||Cook and eat a pork chop.||None||Xbox One, Xbox 360 & PS4||10G||Bronze|
|Passing the Time||Play for 100 days.||None||Play for 100 Minecraft days, which is equivalent to 33 hours in real time.||Xbox One, Xbox 360 & PS4||20G||Bronze|
|The Haggler||Mine or purchase 30 Emeralds.||None||You can do this in different worlds||Xbox One, Xbox 360 & PS4||30G||Sliver|
|Pot Planter||Craft and place a Flower Pot.||None||Xbox One, Xbox 360 & PS4||15G||Bronze|
|It's a Sign!||Craft and place a Sign.||None||Xbox One, Xbox 360 & PS4||15G||Bronze|
|Iron Belly||Stop starvation using Rotten Flesh||None||Xbox One, Xbox 360 & PS4||20G||Bronze|
|Have a Shearful Day||Use Shears to obtain wool from a sheep.||None||Xbox One, Xbox 360 & PS4||15G||Bronze|
|Rainbow Collection||Gather all 16 colours of wool.||None||Xbox One, Xbox 360 & PS4||30G||Sliver|
|Stayin' Frosty||Swim in lava while having the Fire Resistance effect.||None||Xbox One, Xbox 360 & PS4||20G||Bronze|
|Chestful of Cobblestone||Mine 1,728 Cobblestone and place it in a chest||None||Xbox One, Xbox 360 & PS4||20G||Bronze|
|Renewable Energy||Smelt wood trunks using charcoal to make more charcoal.||None||Xbox One, Xbox 360 & PS4||10G||Bronze|
|Music to my Ears||Play a music disc in a Jukebox.||None||Xbox One, Xbox 360 & PS4||20G||Bronze|
|Body Guard||Create an Iron Golem.||None||Xbox One, Xbox 360 & PS4||20G||Bronze|
|Iron Man||Wear a full suit of Iron Armour.||None||Xbox One, Xbox 360 & PS4||15G||Bronze|
|Zombie Doctor||Cure a zombie villager.||None||Throw a splash potion of weakness at a zombie villager and give it a golden apple (by facing the zombie and pressing the left trigger with a golden apple in your hand)||Xbox One, Xbox 360 & PS4||40G||Gold|
|Lion Tamer||Tame an Ocelot||None||Xbox One, Xbox 360 & PS4||15G||Bronze|
|Archer||Kill a creeper with arrows.||None||Xbox One, Xbox 360 & PS4||10G||Bronze|
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- 4J Studios, the company making the Minecraft port for consoles, also made several other video game ports, namely Banjo Kazooie, Banjo Tooie, and Perfect Dark for XBLA as well as The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion for PS3.
- Notch stated that the Xbox 360 would be the sole console provider of Minecraft. However, Sony later annnounced that there would be versions for the PS3, PS4, and Vita released.
- There is no way to modify Console Edition legitimately, but it can be cracked to do so. Notice that there is a chance for you to get banned when using mods.
References[edit | edit source]