dec: 139 hex: 8B bin: 10001011
Cobblestone walls are decorative blocks. There are 2 types: cobblestone walls and mossy cobblestone walls.
Obtaining[edit | edit source]
Cobblestone walls can be mined using any pickaxe. If mined without a pickaxe, it will drop nothing.
|Breaking time[note 1]|
- Times are for unenchanted tools in seconds.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Mossy Cobblestone Wall
Natural generation[edit | edit source]
Usage[edit | edit source]
Cobblestone walls are one and a half blocks tall for player/mob collision, and one block tall for all other purposes, similar to fences. This prevents players and mobs from jumping over them, while using only one actual block space. A wall occupies the center space of blocks and automatically connects to any solid block that is placed next to it. Since their hitbox is smaller than a single block, it will allow a mob in the block to breathe even when submerged.
Cobblestone walls are more efficient at fencing off mobs than a two-block high wall of cobblestone, costing only half as many blocks, and being more space-efficient as well. The drawback, however, is that a skeleton might shoot over the wall, a creeper could explode if a player is standing near the wall and a spider could still climb over the wall.
Unlike fences, if two cobblestone walls are placed one block apart diagonally, you cannot walk between them.
Data values[edit | edit source]
Block data[edit | edit source]
- See also: Data values
|1||Mossy Cobblestone Wall|
Block state[edit | edit source]
- See also: Block states
||When true, the cobblestone wall extends from the center post in that direction.|
Mossy Cobblestone Wall
Video[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
|August 16, 2012||Jeb tweets the first image of cobblestone walls.|
|August 17, 2012||Dinnerbone tweets another image of cobblestone walls.|
|1.4.2||12w34a||Added cobblestone walls.|
|?||Mossy cobblestone walls now drop itself, instead of normal cobblestone walls.|
|12w40a||Mob AI no longer considers cobblestone walls as blocks of a normal height.|
|1.9||?||Improved wall models to work with model combining, that up is active even when there is no block above it and that there are unused models, which are only accessable on a debug-map.|
|1.11||16w39a||Cobblestone walls now generate in woodland mansions.|
|Pocket Edition Alpha|
|0.8.0||build 2||Added cobblestone walls.|
|TU14||CU1||1.04||Patch 1||Added cobblestone walls.|
Issues[edit | edit source]
Issues relating to “Cobblestone Wall” are maintained on the issue tracker. Report issues there.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- When a fence gate is placed between 2 cobblestone walls (of either type) it will stoop down slightly to match the height of the cobblestone wall.
- If the fence gate is placed next to only 1 (mossy) cobblestone wall, or vice versa, it will not lower.
- Although the cobblestone wall only raises at corners and ends, it will raise to support a solid or non-solid block placed above it.
- A stack of cobblestone made into cobblestone walls (which will only use 60 of the 64 cobblestone) will make exactly enough walls to fence off one chunk.
- If sand or gravel fall over the cobblestone wall,the sand or gravel will float over the wall.