dec: 139 hex: 8B bin: 10001011
Cobblestone wall is a block designed for decorative purposes such as gardens and are an alternative to fences. There are 2 types: cobblestone walls and mossy cobblestone walls. They work very similarly to fences, as they are 1.5 blocks tall to mobs. Cobblestone walls are more efficient at fencing off mobs than a two-block high cobblestone wall, costing only half as many blocks, and being more space-efficient as well. The drawback, however; is that a skeleton might shoot over the wall, a creeper could explode if a player is standing near the wall or a spider may climb over the wall.
Mossy Cobblestone Wall
 Data values
|1||Mossy Cobblestone Wall|
|August 16, 2012||Jeb tweets the first image of cobblestone walls.|
|August 17, 2012||Dinnerbone tweets another image of cobblestone walls.|
|1.4.2||12w34a||Added cobblestone walls.|
|12w40a||Fixed a bug where the mob AI considered cobblestone walls as blocks of normal height.|
|1.4.3||Cobblestone Walls are now 1 block tall instead of 1.5. (bug)|
|1.4.4||Cobblestone Walls are now 1.5 blocks again.|
|Pocket Edition Alpha|
|0.8.0||build 2||Added cobblestone walls.|
|TU14||Added cobblestone walls.|
Issues relating to "Cobblestone Wall" are maintained on the issue tracker. Report issues there.
- Interestingly, mossy cobblestone wall's name is based on the old name for moss stone and not the new one.
- When a fence gate is placed between 2 cobblestone walls (of either type) it will stoop down slightly to match the height of the cobblestone wall.
- If the fence gate is placed next to only 1 (mossy) cobblestone wall, or vice versa, it will not lower.
- Although the cobblestone wall only raises at corners and ends, it will raise to support a solid or non-solid block placed above it.
- Cobblestone walls function the same way as fences, yet are placed in the building blocks tab of the Creative inventory instead of the decoration tab.
- Mob heads are the same size in width as the posts on a cobblestone wall.
- Unlike fences, if two cobblestone walls are placed one block apart diagonally, you cannot walk between them.
- Unlike the Fence and the Nether Brick Fence, which do not connect when put beside each other, the Cobblestone and Moss Stone walls connect when put beside each other.