PC: dec: 199 hex: C7 bin: 11000111
Obtaining[edit | edit source]
Chorus plants can be broken using any tool, and typically all chorus plants and flowers above will also break due to lack of support. Upon breaking, a chorus plant drops 0–1 chorus fruit.
|Breaking time[note 1]|
- Times are for unenchanted tools in seconds.
Natural generation[edit | edit source]
Farming[edit | edit source]
Chorus plants are generated as chorus flowers grow.
Usage[edit | edit source]
Chorus plants can be broken to obtain chorus fruit.
Support[edit | edit source]
Chorus plant blocks will break automatically (potentially dropping fruit) if the six surrounding blocks are not valid:
- Chorus plant with at least one other chorus plant horizontally adjacent will break unless at least one of the vertically adjacent blocks is air.
- Chorus plant will break unless the block below is chorus plant or end stone or any horizontally adjacent block is a chorus plant above chorus plant or end stone.
Data values[edit | edit source]
Block states[edit | edit source]
- See also: Block states
||When true, the plant extends out from the center of the plant-block in this direction.|
History[edit | edit source]
|1.9||June 22, 2015||Jeb reveals chorus plants on Instagram, with the words "MINECON 2015 HYPE!"|
|15w31a||Chorus plants added.|
|1.0||build 1||Chorus plants added. The block form could be obtained in survival using the silk touch enchantment.|
|build 4||Can no longer be obtained in survival, even with the silk touch enchantment.|
|TU46||CU36||1.38||Patch 15||Added chorus plants.|
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Using commands, it is possible to make chorus trees grow to ridiculous heights. This works because commands can reset the time value of chorus flowers, allowing them to grow indefinitely.
- Because breaking one part of the plant breaks all parts above it, they can cause a brief drop in framerate.
- Even in creative, chorus plants still drop chorus fruit.
- Chorus plants can attach to the side of end stone blocks as well as the top, and can even attach to multiple end stone blocks.
Issues[edit | edit source]
Issues relating to “Chorus Plant” are maintained on the issue tracker. Report issues there.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
The first image of chorus plants, revealed on Jens Bergensten's Instagram.