dec: 344 hex: 158 bin: 101011000
An Egg is an item that can be used to craft a couple of food items, or used as a throwable entity.
- See also: Egg farming tutorial
Chickens lay eggs every 5-10 minutes and can be collected while on the ground.
Eggs are able to knockback mobs and gives the same effect as if the mob were being damaged. They deal 1 () to Ender Dragons , but no damage to other mobs. Eggs can also be fired from dispensers and are affected by gravity. Throwing eggs at neutral mobs will provoke them.
When thrown, eggs have a 1⁄8 chance of spawning one baby chicken, if that happens, there is an additional 1⁄32 chance of the egg spawning 4 baby chickens instead of one (or, a 1⁄256 chance).
|1.0||Eggs are now throwable at the request of a fan as a result of Twitter conversation.|
|1.0.0||Beta 1.9-pre2||Breeding added, making eggs easier to obtain.|
|Pocket Edition Alpha|
|0.8.0||build 3||Thrown eggs now have a chance of spawning baby chickens.|
Issues relating to "Egg" are maintained on the issue tracker. Report issues there.
- If the player is standing near a chicken when it lays an egg, a "pop" can be heard. However, this does not occur in Pocket Edition.
- Eggs will break midfall if hit by another projectile; The chance of spawning a baby chicken is not affected.
- Throwing an egg at a portal will break the egg when it hits the portal.
- If a player is killed with eggs, it will say "[victim] was pummeled by [killer]". This message is unused because eggs don't cause damage. Ender pearls and snowballs will also display this message.
- If an egg is thrown at an adult chicken and a baby is spawned, the baby chicken will follow the adult chicken around, thinking the adult chicken is its parent.