|This page contains content that is no longer in the game.
These features only exist in outdated versions of Minecraft.
dec: 456 hex: 1C8 bin: 111001000
The camera is an item and an entity in Minecraft: Pocket Edition. The textures of this item can be found by going into the files of the game.
As of version 0.3.0 (possibly earlier), the camera is a functional object in-game, obtainable only through inventory-editing. However, both its texture and operation are slightly bugged.
In 0.9.0, the camera entity was removed, however Tomasso stated "It doesn't mean that it's dead forever, in fact I have a lot of ideas for it! I think it will be back when have shaders, sharing and redstone.
To use a camera, equip it to your hand, then look in the direction you want the picture to be taken. Long-press the screen, and a camera will drop to the ground where you're standing. Step back, then press on the camera until it starts emitting smoke particles. The smoke means a picture has been taken, and the camera may disappear immediately afterward. Cameras have infinite uses.
The location of taken pictures depends on the device, either Android or iOS.
- Android: /sdcard/games/com.mojang/
- iOS: /var/mobile/Applications/Minecraft PE/Library/Caches/Screenshots/
At the Minecraft Pocket Edition panel at MineCon 2012, as well as one of Jbernhardsson's livestreams, it was stated that future plans include trying to have a proper use for cameras, perhaps an easier way to take screenshots and share them with others. In the BlockTalk Q&A, the camera was briefly mentioned as part of a broader "sharing" theme planned for MCPE in the future. In 0.9.0, the camera entity was removed, however, Tomasso said that he thinks it will be back "when have shaders, sharing and redstone".
|Pocket Edition Alpha|
|0.1.0||The camera was first found in the Pocket Edition apk file.|
|May 17, 2012||The item ID for the camera (456) was discovered and the object was seen in-game by players for the first time.|
|0.9.0||build 1||The camera entity was removed.|
- The camera seems to be based on the large format camera.
- Previously thought to be a block, the camera is actually an entity.
- When placed, the camera can be "hit" (damaged) only once, but when you do so it will receive knockback and play the standard player "ooh" sound.
- The Camera item and the tripod part of the camera originally had correct textures, but were removed as of version 0.2.0
- It is possible to take a picture of the menu screen by going back to the menu before the camera disappears.
- In update 0.5.0, the camera can be placed, but is invisible and sometimes still makes the "ooh" sound. It is unknown if this is intentional.
- 0.7.0 added the "F1" feature (Hide GUI) making the camera obsolete for iOS unless they add something unique to the camera.
- When placed, the camera acts similar to TNT (without the explosion, or sound), as it emits dark smoke for 5 seconds, then releases white smoke.
- As of 0.8.0, the camera looks like an egg in the player's inventory.
- It's still possible to take a picture with a camera, with 9.0 you can see shadows under the camera entity, holding on it it will smoke and take a picture, in android the pictures will go in your files and with IOS you can use Ifile.