dec: 456 hex: 1C8 bin: 111001000
The camera is an item and an entity in Minecraft: Pocket Edition. The textures of this item can be found by going into the files of the game.
As of version 0.3.0 (possibly earlier), the camera is a functional object in-game, obtainable only through inventory-editing. However, both its texture and operation are slightly bugged.
To use a camera, equip it to your hand, then look in the direction you want the picture to be taken. Long-press the screen, and a camera will drop to the ground where you're standing. Step back, then press on the camera until it starts emitting smoke particles. The smoke means a picture has been taken, and the camera may disappear immediately afterward. Cameras have infinite uses.
The location of taken pictures depends on the device, either Android or iOS.
- Android: /sdcard/games/com.mojang/
- iOS: /var/mobile/Applications/Minecraft PE/Library/Caches/Screenshots/
It has been announced that the Camera may be re-added in the future, possibly an easier way to take pictures and share them with other players.
|Pocket Edition Alpha|
|0.1||The camera was first found in the Pocket Edition apk file. On May 17, 2012, the item ID for the camera (456) was discovered and the object was seen in-game by players for the first time.|
Issues relating to "Camera" are maintained on the issue tracker. Report issues there.
- The camera seems to be based on the large format camera.
- Previously thought to be a block, the camera is actually an entity.
- When placed, the camera can be "hit" (damaged) only once, but when you do so it will receive knockback and play the standard player "ooh" sound.
- The Camera item and the tripod part of the camera originally had correct textures, but were removed as of version 0.2.0
- It is possible to take a picture of the menu screen by going back to the menu before the camera disappears.
- In update 0.5.0, the camera can be placed, but is invisible and sometimes still makes the "ooh" sound. It is unknown if this is intentional.
- 0.7.0 added the "F1" feature (Hide GUI) making the camera obsolete for iOS unless they add something unique to the camera.
- When placed, the camera acts similar to TNT (without the explosion, or sound), as it emits dark smoke for 5 seconds, then releases white smoke.
- As of 0.8.0, the camera looks like an egg in the player's inventory.
- It's still possible to take a picture with a camera, with 9.0 you can see shadows under the camera entity, holding on it it will smoke and take a picture, in android the pictures will go in your files and with IOS you can use Ifile.