No (Yes, in Console Edition)
Once placed, cake cannot be recollected.
|Breaking time[note 1]|
- Times are for unenchanted tools in seconds.
After the cake is crafted, the three (now empty) buckets will go into the player's inventory unless it is full, in which case they remain on the crafting table.
- See also: Hunger Management
Unlike most foods, cake cannot be eaten as an item in the hotbar. Before being eaten, it must first be placed on top of another block.
To eat from a placed cake, click on the cake with use button. Each cake has seven "slices", and each use will consume one slice. A single slice restores 2 () hunger and 0.4 hunger saturation. Eating all seven slices of a cake restores 14 () hunger and 2.8 hunger saturation.
Unlike the eating of other foods, eating a slice of cake is instantaneous (an entire cake can be eaten as fast as it can be clicked) and makes no sound. Multiple players can eat from the same cake at the same time.
|0x0||0 pieces eaten|
|0x1||1 piece eaten|
|0x2||2 pieces eaten|
|0x3||3 pieces eaten|
|0x4||4 pieces eaten|
|0x5||5 pieces eaten|
|0x6||6 pieces eaten|
|Cake||ID Name||Numerical ID|
||Number of bites taken from the cake.|
|Icon||Achievement||In-game description||Prerequisites||Actual requirements (if different)||Version restriction||Xbox points earned||Trophy type (PS)|
||The Lie||Wheat, sugar, milk, and eggs||Time to Farm!||Pick up a cake from a crafting table output.||PC||N/A||N/A|
|Bake cake using wheat, sugar, milk, and eggs!||Xbox & PS||40G||Silver|
|November 23, 2010||Notch stated if Minecraft won the 2010 Indie of the Year Awards, he would add cake to Minecraft.|
|1.2||When he earned the title it was added, healing 18 ( × 9).|
|1.5||Achievements were added, including “The Lie".|
|1.8||Now cake fills 12 ().|
|1.2||When crafted, the empty buckets are now moved to the player's inventory, rather than staying in the crafting grid.|
|1.7.2||Block ID 92 (cake) was removed from the
|1.8||14w28a||Cake slices increased from 6 to 7.|
|Now emits comparator signal.|
|Pocket Edition Alpha|
|0.7.0||Added cake. It restores 18 ( × 9).|
|TU6||Cake is stackable.|
Issues relating to "Cake" are maintained on the issue tracker. Report issues there.
- Since cake is only 7/8 blocks wide, it is possible to stand on the edge of a block beneath a cake.
- Cake will destroy falling blocks if placed under them, similar to a torch.
- It is possible to place cake on top of cake by placing a cake on the ground, then placing another cake on the side of a block above and to the side of the first cake, similar to placing torches on a chest. Eating the lower cake completely will cause the upper cake to disappear, same as mining out the block of cake it is sitting on.
- It is also possible to place cakes (or any other block) on top of cakes by sneaking and placing a cake on top of another cake
- Mobs on top will rotate while attempting to move, a path finding oversight shared with fences.
- Placing a cake makes the same sound as placing wool.
- You can place cake on top of a bed, and while sleeping, the cake shows on your screen as if it were on top of your head.