No (Yes, in Console Edition)
Obtaining[edit | edit source]
Once placed, cake cannot be recollected.
|Breaking time[note 1]|
- Times are for unenchanted tools in seconds.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
The milk will become buckets and move to the player's inventory after crafting.
Trading[edit | edit source]
Usage[edit | edit source]
- See also: Hunger Management
Unlike most foods, cake cannot be eaten as an item in the hotbar. Before being eaten, it must first be placed on top of a block.
To eat from a placed cake, click on the cake with use button. Each cake has seven "slices", and each use will consume one slice. A single slice restores 2 () hunger and 0.4 hunger saturation. Eating all seven slices of a cake restores 14 () hunger and 2.8 hunger saturation.
Unlike the eating of other foods, eating a slice of cake is instantaneous (an entire cake can be eaten as fast as it can be clicked) and makes no sound. Multiple players can eat from the same cake at the same time.
As a redstone component, when connected to a comparator, a whole cake emits a signal strength of 14. The signal strength decreases two units with each bite of cake until it is gone.
Data values[edit | edit source]
ID[edit | edit source]
|Cake||ID Name||Numerical ID|
Block data[edit | edit source]
- See also: Data values
|0x0||0 pieces eaten|
|0x1||1 piece eaten|
|0x2||2 pieces eaten|
|0x3||3 pieces eaten|
|0x4||4 pieces eaten|
|0x5||5 pieces eaten|
|0x6||6 pieces eaten|
Block state[edit | edit source]
- See also: Block states
||Number of bites taken from the cake.|
Video[edit | edit source]
Achievements[edit | edit source]
|Icon||Achievement||In-game description||Prerequisites||Actual requirements (if different)||Version restriction||Xbox points earned||Trophy type (PS)|
|The Lie||Wheat, sugar, milk, and eggs||Time to Farm!||Pick up a cake from a crafting table output.||PC||N/A||N/A|
|Bake cake using wheat, sugar, milk, and eggs!||Xbox, PS and Windows 10||40G||Silver|
History[edit | edit source]
|November 23, 2010||Notch stated if Minecraft won the 2010 Indie of the Year Awards, he would add cake to Minecraft.|
|1.2||When he earned the title it was added, healing 18 ().|
|1.5||Achievements were added, including “The Lie".|
|1.8||Now cake fills 12 ().|
|1.2.1||When crafted, the empty buckets are now moved to the player's inventory, rather than staying in the crafting grid.|
|1.7.2||13w37a||Block ID 92 (cake) was removed from the
|1.8||14w28a||Cake slices increased from 6 to 7.|
|Now emits comparator signal.|
|Empty Buckets now stay in the crafting table.|
|Pocket Edition Alpha|
|0.7.0||Added cake. It restores 18 ().|
|0.12.1||build 1||Cake now restores 12 ().|
|TU6||Made cake stackable as a version exclusive.|
Issues[edit | edit source]
Issues relating to “Cake” are maintained on the issue tracker. Report issues there.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
Interaction[edit | edit source]
- Since cake is only 7/8 blocks wide, it is possible to stand on the edge of a block beneath a cake.
- Cake will destroy falling blocks if placed under them, similar to a torch.
- It is possible to place cake on top of cake by placing a cake on the ground, then placing another cake on the side of a block above and to the side of the first cake, similar to placing torches on a chest. Eating the lower cake completely will cause the upper cake to disappear, same as mining out the block of cake it is sitting on.
- It is also possible to place cakes (or any other block) on top of cakes by sneaking and placing a cake on top of another cake
- Mobs on top will rotate while attempting to move, a path finding oversight shared with fences.
- If cake is placed in a one deep hole you can get across the hole without jumping but if you are standing on the cake you will have to jump to get out of the hole unlike a slab.
Miscellaneous[edit | edit source]
- Placing a cake makes the same sound as placing wool.
- You can place cake on top of a bed, and while sleeping, the cake shows on your screen as if it were on top of your head.
- Minecraft: Pocket Edition has a second (unused) cake block added to the game, ID 126 (The one the game uses is ID 92, like PC). Interestingly, this second cake block is stored in the pointer called Tile::activatorRail.