Any Wood Planks
 Natural generation
Stone buttons are generated naturally in strongholds next to iron doors.
- See also: Redstone circuit
- To place a button, use the "Use Item/Place Block" control (right-click, by default) while aiming at the surface to which it should be attached.
- A button can be attached to the side of any full solid opaque block (stone, dirt, blocks of gold, etc.). In 1.8, buttons can also be attached to the tops and bottoms of blocks.
- Buttons are usually in an inactive state, but can be temporarily activated by players. To activate a placed button, use the "Use Item/Place Block" control (right-click, by default). A wooden button can also be activated by a fired arrow.
- Mobs cannot activate buttons directly, but arrows fired by skeletons or dispensers can activate wooden buttons.
- When activated, a stone button will remain active for 10 redstone ticks (1 second, barring lag), while a wooden button will remain active for 15 redstone ticks (1.5 seconds, barring lag). A wooden button activated by a fired arrow will remain active until the arrow despawns after one minute or is picked up.
- While active, a button:
- powers any adjacent redstone dust to power level 15, including beneath the button
- powers any adjacent redstone comparators or redstone repeaters facing away from the button to power level 15
- strongly powers its attachment block to power level 15
- activates any adjacent mechanism components, including above or below, such as pistons, redstone lamps, etc.
- To remove a button, use the "Attack/Destroy" control (left-click, by default). Removing a button takes 0.75 seconds and it will drop itself as an item.
- A button will also be removed and drop itself as an item:
- A button will be destroyed without dropping itself as an item if lava flows into its space.
|1.0.1||The Button was introduced in the Seecret Friday Update 3.|
|1.5_01||The hitbox for the button was off. The space in front of the button had to be clicked for it to be pressed.|
|1.6.6||The hitbox error was fixed, with the side effect that you cannot punch through doors anymore.|
|1.0.0||Beta 1.9-pre5||Fixed lag causing buttons to stick for longer than their intended time on servers.|
|1.4.2||12w34a||Wooden buttons were added. They could be triggered by arrows as well as players.|
|12w34b||A new crafting recipe was created for both stone and wooden buttons to avoid conflict with the sticks recipe.|
|1.8||14w04a||Buttons are now able to be placed on the top and bottom of blocks.|
|TU1||Added buttons (the original stone ones).|
|TU9||Added wooden buttons. Unlike its original launch in the PC version, they could not be activated by shooting them with arrows.|
|Stone button now crafted using one block of stone instead of two.|
|TU14||Wooden buttons can now be triggered by arrows.|
The pre-1.4.2 crafting recipe for the stone button required two stone blocks:
Issues relating to "Button" are maintained on the issue tracker. Report issues there.