Bottle o' Enchanting
dec: 384 hex: 180 bin: 110000000
The Bottle o' Enchanting is a potion-like item which can be used to spawn experience orbs when thrown.
Villager clerics will sell bottles o' enchanting for 3-11 emeralds as a fourth tier trade.
A bottle o' enchanting can be thrown like a splash potion. On impact with any object (except for air, lava, and water), it will drop experience orbs worth 3–11 experience points. The bottle o' enchanting breaks on a variety of different surfaces and objects that may not be expected, including mobs and blocks that players can pass through, such as active portals.
|1.2.1||12w04a||Added Bottle o' Enchanting. They could only be obtained in Creative mode.|
|1.3.1||12w21a||With the implementation of the trading system, the player may trade with priest villagers to obtain the bottle o' enchanting in survival mode.|
|1.8||14w02a||With the trading revamp, villagers no longer sell bottles o' enchanting, making them unobtainable in regular survival.|
|14w31a||Villagers now sell bottles o' enchanting again, for 3-11 emeralds each, making them renewable again.|
|TU7||Added bottles o' enchanting.|
- Even though the bottle o' enchanting is green, it gives off blue sparks, and glows purple (as an enchanted item does).
- Throwing multiple bottles o' enchanting on the ground while flying and then falling will cause the screen to go green/yellow and play the experience sound for sometimes minutes at a time.
- This can also happen if the player dies with a large amount of experience orbs because the XP flies around the player, making these lights.
- Repeatedly throwing bottles o' enchanting will create many experience orbs on the ground, which can lead to a noticeable decrease in the FPS rates of players somewhere near the experience orbs. Thus, this can be used as a form of griefing. However, this would mean one must acquire many bottles o' enchanting, which may be difficult in survival mode.
- This item is the only potion-type item in glass bottle shape that can be thrown.