Block of Redstone
Partial (blocks light, mob spawning possible)
dec: 152 hex: 98 bin: 10011000
A block of redstone (also known as redstone block) acts as a piston-movable redstone power source which cannot be turned off.
Blocks of redstone can be mined using any pickaxe. If mined without a pickaxe, it will drop nothing.
Block of Redstone
- See also: Redstone circuit
To place a block of redstone, use the "Use Item/Place Block" control (right-click, by default).
Blocks of redstone are always active and cannot be turned off. A block of redstone:
- powers any adjacent redstone dust, including above or below, to power level 15
- powers any adjacent redstone comparators or redstone repeaters facing away from the block of redstone to power level 15
- activates any adjacent mechanism components, including above or below, such as pistons, redstone lamps, etc.
Adjacent opaque blocks will not be powered.
If a redstone torch is attached to a block of redstone, it will deactivate after 1 redstone tick and will not reactivate.
To remove a block of redstone, use the "Attack/Destroy" control (left-click, by default). A block of redstone takes up to 3.75 seconds to remove with a pickaxe and will drop itself as an item. If removed by hand, it takes 25 seconds and the block of redstone will not drop itself as an item.
|Added block of redstone.|
Issues relating to "Block of Redstone" are maintained on the issue tracker. Report issues there.
- Even though redstone ore must be mined with iron or diamond pickaxes, blocks of redstone can be mined with any pickaxe.
- As the block of redstone is not fully opaque, chests can be opened when covered by one. Also, non-solid blocks such as ladders cannot be placed onto its sides.