Block of Redstone
Partial (blocks light)
dec: 152 hex: 98 bin: 10011000
A block of redstone (aka "redstone block", "redblock") acts as a piston-movable redstone power source which cannot be turned off.
 As a crafting ingredient
|Redstone||Block of Redstone||
The block of redstone was introduced to provide a solid block to act as a power source.
A block of redstone acts like a regular block powered by a torch:
- Attached redstone torches will deactivate.
- Adjacent redstone dust will be powered with signal strength 15.
- Correctly-facing adjacent redstone repeaters and redstone comparators will be powered.
- Adjacent mechanism components will be activated.
- Adjacent opaque blocks will not be powered.
- Exception: Redstone dust will configure itself to point towards an adjacent block of redstone, even though it won't configure itself to point towards a block powered by a torch.
|Added block of redstone.|
Issues relating to "Block of Redstone" are maintained on Mojira. Report issues there.
- Even though redstone ore must be mined with iron or diamond pickaxes, blocks of redstone can be mined with any pickaxe.
- The block of redstone used to have a very similar texture to the block of coal, but the block of coal's texture was later changed.
- As the block of redstone is not fully opaque, chests can be opened when covered by one. Also, non-solid blocks such as ladders cannot be placed onto its sides.
- If a redstone torch is placed on a block of redstone, after 1 tick the torch will turn off.