From Minecraft Wiki
March 31, 2011
|Other editions of 1.4|
Additions[edit | edit source]
- New Minecraft logo (no longer 3D cobblestone blocks).
- Added Wolves that the player can tame, or kill for no loot.
- Added Cookies which heal the player for 0.5 hearts.
- Added new block, locked chest, which was an April Fool's gag. It linked to the 'Minecraft Store', but now it has been removed.
Changes[edit | edit source]
- Sleeping in a bed now resets your spawn position, though does not work for most users. At the moment the spawn point unintentionally only changes if "Leave bed" is clicked and the function is limited to SMP.
- Sneaking while climbing will hang on to the ladder, thus being a handy cave tool.
- Spiders will no longer trample crops and have walking sounds removed.
- Sheep can now spawn in pink and brown (however rarely)
- Cocoa beans can be found in dungeon chests.
- Wheat grows more quickly
- The new default hotkey for the inventory is E.
- SMP servers can now have a new world seeded with an option in the Server.properties file.
- Lots of infrastructure for statistics lists and achievements have been implemented.
- Scale of UI may now be changed in options.txt located in the .minecraft folder.
- On a fresh install, modded blocks are removed from the map. This excludes modded blocks that are placed into chests.
Fixes[edit | edit source]
4 bugs fixed
- Zombies and spiders now hurt you in all instances (previously could only hurt you if they were 1 block above your location).
- Client-sided slime spawn on SMP has been fixed.
- Arm no longer swings when you cannot place a block.
- Opening and closing the inventory quickly while swinging no longer removes the character 'swinging' animation, which previously made destroying blocks faster (SMP only).