From Minecraft Wiki
February 22, 2011
|Other editions of 1.3|
Additions[edit | edit source]
- Redstone repeaters
- Three new half-size blocks (wooden slab, cobblestone slab, sandstone slab)
- New Mojang logo splash screen
- Added whitelisting to the server. To use, enter whitelist <cmd> where cmd is on, off, add <player>, remove <player>, list or reload
- Graphics settings screen
Changes[edit | edit source]
- Breaking a block made of two slabs now drops 2 slabs.
- Slimes have a higher spawn rate
- Ability to toggle between classic lighting and "smooth" lighting
- Worlds now use a generic McRegion chunk save format, with built-in auto conversion
- While starting a new world, players can choose the world's name and seed to generate the world from.
- More than 5 Worlds possible
- Scrollbars added in both the texture pack list, and in the map selection screen
- F1 and F3 are now toggled when pressed.
- When F3 is toggled on, mobs display their unique entity ID numbers over their heads.
- F8 toggles mouse smoothing
- In 3rd person mode, character can be visibly seen to bob side to side when you walk (only when View Bobbing is enabled).
- Sandstone is now found at the bottom of naturally generated sand.
- All pressure plates now require two of its materials, instead of 3. Stone slabs are now created by using 3 of the materials
- Mine time for sandstone decreased.
- Redstone dust will get darker the farther away it is from a source of power.
- Fewer passive Mobs when on harder modes.
- Deleting world confirmation changed slightly.
- Sulphur renamed back to Gunpowder
Fixes[edit | edit source]
11 bugs fixed
- When breaking double slabs (one slab placed on another) it will drop two slabs instead of one.
- Wood and logs don't burn forever anymore.
- Grassland/Sand-related biome border fixed (Boundaries line up, rather than obviously show chunk borders)
- No longer receiving Java Log error .txt file spam in the minecraft.exe folder when closing the Minecraft client program.
- Players can no longer use the click-release to quickly mine blocks (referred to as "click mining"). Note: Only applies to SMP.
- Players no longer glitch when standing on fences in SMP
- Players can no longer milk squids.
- When right-clicking on a wooden door while holding a bow or fishing rod, arrows will no longer be fired into the door, nor will the fishing hook be cast into the door.
- Hostile mobs can now be attacked properly in SMP
- Lapis lazuli ore now drops 4-8 Lapis Lazuli Dyes in SMP
- Bedrock and other blocks cannot be removed by tilling grass or dirt with a hoe and placing seeds anymore.