From Minecraft Wiki
January 13, 2011
|Other editions of 1.2|
Additions[edit | edit source]
- Note blocks (right click to tune, trigger to play)
- Lapis lazuli ore
- Lapis lazuli block
- Sugar - Crafted from sugar canes
- 15 wool dyes
- Squid, which drops ink sacks
- New tree types (Birch, Pine)
- New gray, light gray, and black sheep. Drop correspondingly colored wool.
- Bone Meal - crafted from bones
Changes[edit | edit source]
- Reeds retconned into sugar canes. They still make paper.
- Default furnaces given new look
- Bones now drop from skeletons
- Tools made out of wood, stone, Iron ingots, and diamond have increased durability.
- Gold tools can remove blocks like stone and wood much more quickly than their diamond counterparts, with the same durability and restrictions as before 1.2.
- Spiders can now climb up walls.
- Spawners again show a rotating model inside of what they spawn in single player.
- Wheat Seeds are harvested more often when plowing grass blocks.
- Included the FastRender mod by Scaevolus.
- Screenshots can be taken using the F2 key without having to first hold down the F1 key.
- Iron, diamond, and coal are found in larger amounts in caves and other areas
Fixes[edit | edit source]
10 bugs fixed
- Paintings work in multiplayer
- Disconnecting while riding no longer keeps the player in the world
- A bunch more state is properly synched in multiplayer
- Included PowerPC color and audio fixes by Scaevolus.
- Fixed a horrible chunk reload loop in singleplayer
- Fixed most lighting bugs in newly generated SMP maps
- Falling sand behaves better in SMP
- Fixed a few crash on load level bugs
- Jack o'lantern now has correct tooltip.
- Sheep now visibly lose their wool when hit in SMP.