From Minecraft Wiki
October 30, 2010
Additions[edit | edit source]
- New Dimension: The Nether; a "Hell" world that can be used for quick travel
- New blocks
- New mobs
- New Item: Clock
- New terrain generator, featuring biomes
- Fishing rods serve a purpose by fishing
- New music tracks
Changes[edit | edit source]
- Higher lighting values are required the deeper they are to keep mobs from spawning.
- Stairs, Crafting Tables, Chests, and Furnaces now face the same direction as the player when placed.
- Creepers have new sounds.
- Grass and leaves are now darker in shade
- Sunrise now creates a red glow at the horizon
- Pressing F1 hides the HUD and the viewmodel from the person's view. In 3rd person mode (F5), pressing F1 will create a view looking back at the player's own face.
Fixes[edit | edit source]
4 bugs fixed
- Fixed bugs in SMP
- Redstone performance updated
- Door animation fixes
- Several performance bugs fixed
- Rails no longer cause a crash