From Minecraft Wiki
September 6, 2012
12w36a is the fourth snapshot released for 1.4.2.
Additions[edit | edit source]
- Only spawns in the Nether.
- Gives players "Wither" effect when hitting them.
- Carry and rarely drop stone swords when killed by players.
- Drops bones and coal.
- Has a high chance to spawn from an skeleton egg if the player is in the Nether
- Wither skeletons can replace skeletons on spider jockeys.
- Spawned by using a spider spawn egg in the Nether.
- Added one new painting depicting the creation of a wither.
- Used to maneuver pigs.
- Can also attract pigs similarly to wheat.
- Main purpose is to control saddled pigs while ridden.
- Used as a crafting ingredient for the beacon block
- Five types in this version:
- Skeleton skull
- Wither skeleton skull
- Zombie head
- Creeper head
- Player head
- Wither skeleton skulls are dropped very rarely by wither skeletons.
- Other heads are only available via the creative inventory.
- Can be used as hats
- Carrots and potatoes
- They can now be found in villages.
- Carrots can be used to breed pigs.
Changes[edit | edit source]
- Place 4 pieces of soul sand in a vertical T-shape and place 3 wither skeleton skulls on top to create it.
- Drops one nether star upon death.
- When spawned in the Overworld, the sky will get darker.
- Gives players "wither II" effect when hitting them.
- Its name is now displayed correctly above its HP bar.
- New model and textures.
- Can now be crafted by surrounding a nether star with 3 blocks of obsidian on the bottom and 5 blocks of glass around the top.
- Golden Carrot
- Retextured the golden carrot.
- They can be bred with carrots.
- Zombies and skeletons
- Zombies and skeletons that pick up items will now always drop them after dying.
- Saddled pigs will now always drop saddles on death.
- Minor changes to dyeing.
- Leather armor
- Now uses two overlayed textures, one being the color.
- Minor changes to the leather dyeing – the colors will attempt to maintain intensity and not dilute as much
- Zombies and zombie pigman
- The zombie and zombie pigman models and textures have changed.
- No visual difference, except that it breaks old texture packs.
Fixes[edit | edit source]
? bugs fixed